Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ready For Mr. Sandman Part I: The Nightgown

As I lay here in bed sick for the last few days looking disheveled I got to thinking about how stylish the ladies of the past looked as they began their nightly slumber. When did the days of satin and fur leave our bedtime routine? Yes, I own a robe that is pretty, but I certainly don't sleep in a lavish nightgown with all the fixings. But in the movies, and in the good ol' days, women glammed it up before they hit the hay.


Veronica draped in satin


Ann sporting some lovely shoulder bows


Carole in a more fitted ensemble


Claudette kicking it down a notch in "It Happened One Night"


Cary looking fabulous in "Bringing Up Baby"


Ginger with her fancy neck bow


Jean, the most glamorous  of them all.


Lauren ready to slide into bed


Carole rock'in buttons, fur, and pleats!

1 comment:

KC said...

Hi Emily--sorry to post this in your comments. I couldn't find an email address for you! Anyway, I just wanted to invite you to participate in the Mary Pickford blogathon. It's going to be fun!


http://www.aclassicmovieblog.com/2012/04/mary-pickford-blogathon-announcement.html

http://www.aclassicmovieblog.com/2012/05/mary-pickford-blogathon-update.html