Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oscar Nods

Like many other Oscar nerds, I woke up extra early to hear the nominations for the Academy Awards. As I looked through the list, I was a bit disappointed. I mean, the expected were nominated, but it just seemed so uneventful. No surprises. I feel a few were snubbed (Leo for J. Edgar, and Ryan for Ides) but it felt very choreographed. As of a few years ago, the academy went from it's regular 5 best pic nods and went back to the oldie tradition of 10. Being that I try to watch every film nominated, this makes my job so much harder. Here are is the list for best picture:

The Artist
The Descendants
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
The Help
Hugo
Midnight In Paris
Moneyball
The Tree Of Life
War Horse
I have 8 to go.
 My guess now is that The Artist will win it. We'll see...What films do you want to see?

1 comment:

Mr. Tiny said...

I'm proud of myself. Usually, I don't go in for the kinds of pictures that get nominated for the awards, but I have seen three on the list. I would love to hear your thoughts on "The Artist." Have you seen that one yet?