Friday, June 10, 2011

Oldies in Orange County

Today the fiancee and I were traveling around looking for a reception spot when we stumbled upon a small film exhibit in the old Santa Ana Courthouse. I love when this happens!

The main topic was films filmed in Orange County throughout the silent era. 


Some great old cameras and kinetoscopes were there which helped film "The Mask of Zorro" with ol' Doug.


They had some awesome props used in Cecil's "The Ten Commandments" in 1923.



Parts of "Cleopatra" with Theda were filmed in Corona Del Mar and Newport.


The Fullerton Daily Tribune had some dirt on the Fatty Arbuckle scandal.


An outfit Theda wore in "Cleopatra"


It was a nice surprise and I saw many pictures that I had not seen before. If you live in my neck of the woods, you should defiantly check it out:

http://www.ocparks.com/newsroom/default.asp?Show=1003145&subshow=A

No comments: